Reporting to the Manager - Gardens & Grounds, you will have a demonstrated history of overseeing the production and care of plants, maintaining existing gardens and establishing new ones.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with landscape maintenance, restoration and design.
- Install and cultivate functional and ornamental plants.
- Demonstrate accuracy and display commitment to excellence and a keen eye for garden detail.
- Assist with planting and transplanting seeds, bulbs, flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns.
- Weed landscape beds and assist with mulching.
- Maintain plants and gardens by watering, weeding, fertilising and mowing lawns.
- Increase the yield, improve the vigor and size of plants.
- Apply knowledge to plants, ornamentals and lawns to maximise their health and growth.
- Advise on proper plant products and irrigation to maintain the look and integrity of the greenery.
- Advise on the types of plants that would thrive in their settings, taking into account the climate, soil, nutrients required and plant care.
- Identify and trat potential pests and diseases.
- Provide plant care advice to other team members.
- Exposure to working hands-on experience in gardens and with landscaping and working with various types of plants.
- Complete Trainee / apprenticeship through TAFE or similar and provide progression reports and transcripts to show competency.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and managers.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organisational, analytical and mathematical skills for research, recordkeeping and problem solving.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work and comfortable working outside in various weather conditions year-round.
- Current Drivers Licence is essential.
- MR/HR licence and plant licences are not essential but are beneficial
- Willinga Park
- Job Type:
- Industry Area:
- Horticulture and Floristry
Contact Human Resources on (02) 6275 2222 or email email@example.com