Parliamentary Security Service (PSS) Officers
Would you like to work at one of Australia's most iconic buildings while enjoying a free gym membership, free parking and competitive salary?
The Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) is recruiting passionate, customer-focused Parliamentary Security Service (PSS) Officers to join a high performing team.
As a PSS Officer, you'll work in the Australian Parliament House providing security and safety services to Members of Parliament, parliamentary staff, others who work in the building, and visitors.
We will provide you with training and develop your individual skills to help you build a successful career. All positions are based in Canberra, however relocation assistance will be provided to interstate candidates.
Your responsibilities will include:
- providing excellent customer service support
- providing front-line and operational security functions to support parliamentary business consisting of mobile patrols of the building, first response capability in the event of a security incident or emergency (Lockdown / Evacuations), first aid response to medical situations, deescalating situations in the event of protests
- conducting x-ray and explosive trace detection screening
- performing administrative duties to support the security function.
We are looking for people who take pride in delivering exceptional customer service. You build great relationships with customers while following policies and procedures.
You stay calm under pressure and act professionally in challenging situations. You have strong observational skills and can write accurate reports.
You do not need prior experience in the security industry; however, experience in a customer-oriented industry, such as aviation or retail is desirable.
- Department of Parliamentary Services
- Job Type:
- $57,321 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation, free parking and gym membership
- Industry Area:
- Business and Management
Contact Caitlin O’Callaghan on 0448 270 651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org