Construction Graduate Program
Investing in new talent is the key to Geocon's continuing success. This is why at Geocon, we are committed to guiding and mentoring people who are currently studying or have recently completed studying a Bachelor of Construction Management, Diploma of Building and Construction and/or a Cert IV in Building and Construction in order to become our future Leading Hands, Foremen, Site Managers, Project Engineers, Senior Project Engineers and Project Managers through our annual, industry-leading Graduate Program.
Our one-year Graduate Program has been specifically designed to provide participants with diverse industry experience needed on order to progress within their careers and map out a path for their future career goals.
During the program, participants work with some of the most inspiring and experienced construction professionals in the industry on some of Canberra's largest and most innovative developments.
The Geocon Graduate program will be a mid-year intake for 12 months.
There are two streams available as Geocon's Graduate Program. These are as follows:
- Cadet Project Engineer
- Building Cadet
The program coordinators will guide you throughout your journey with Geocon. During the Graduate Program you will visit a number of our industry partners, giving you the experience needed to progress within your career. You will also be involved in monthly professional development talks that cover all aspects of construction including:
- Site Safety & Compliance
- Building Certification
- Fire Safety Principles and Application
- Structural Design Principles
- Project Planning Principles
- Cost Planning Principles
- Architectural Consideration & Plan Reading
- Statutory Planning Framework & Feasibility
- Financial Processes Contract Suite Basics
- Contracts and Conveyancing
- The role of the Developer
- Bachelor of Construction Management
- Diploma of Building and Construction
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction
Geocon is the fourth largest builder of apartments in the country and is the first fully integrated development and construction business in Canberra, with capabilities across development, construction, hotels, investments, supported by a diversified asset base.
Geocon's hallmark is architecturally stunning buildings that deliver a new standard of contemporary living to Canberra. We build vibrant town centres and communities, developing new standards of contemporary living by delivering world-class, architect-designed, affordable high-rise apartments and mixed-use precincts.
- Flexibility provided to support students within the program who are still completing their studies
- Generous rebates on Geocon residential purchases
- Discounted rates on overnight accommodation / food and beverage across Iconic Hotels by Geocon
- Health and wellbeing programs and discounted gym memberships
- Continuous in-house training and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with one of the best and diverse property development firms in the country
Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only (inc. New Zealand Citizens)
With a limited amount of cadetships available in this annual program, interest in Geocon's highly coveted Graduate Program is high.
Don't miss out on one of these fantastic career development opportunities - apply now!
To apply for the Graduate Program, please apply through Seek and provide a current resume and cover letter.
- Job Type:
- 55K + superannuation
- Industry Area:
- Building, Construction and Engineering
Contact Chantel Jones on +61475422578 or email email@example.com