General Academic Support
All CIT students can access Academic Support at CIT, to help with the skills needed to complete their courses. Academic Support sessions with a teacher are available at CIT Library at CIT Bruce, CIT Reid, CIT Tuggeranong and CIT Fyshwick campuses. Self-access to resources is available at other times.
You can get help with:
- Literacy and numeracy
- research and study skills
- English communication skills, including grammar, speaking and listening
- preparing oral presentations and writing reports
- understanding and responding to assignments
- maths for your course
- time management
- using computers, the internet and eLearn
- using a scientific calculator
- note taking
- job seeking skills, including preparing job applications and interview skills
- using Word or spreadsheets.
No appointment is needed - just visit the session and campus that suits you.
CIT Pathways College Student Advice Team
The Student Advice Team support CIT Pathways College students to overcome barriers and develop skills to assist them to engage in educational opportunities. Students can get support individually, in class, small groups, or working together with their teachers. Student advisers work collaboratively with other CIT staff and liaise with external agencies on behalf of students.
The Student Advice Team can help you with:
- pathway planning
- coordinating work experience
- connecting you to other services
- assisting with course selection
- mediating on your behalf