How do I Renew my Loans?
Library members may renew items by:
- Logging into 'My Account' from the Library Catalogue using your CITCard barcode number
- Calling your CIT Library
- Visit a CIT Library in person at CIT Reid, Bruce, Fyshwick, Tuggeranong or Gungahlin during opening hours
Items can be renewed a maximum of 2 times. Items cannot be renewed in the following circumstances:
- The item has been requested by another user
- The item is in the short loan collection
- The item is overdue
Overdues and Banner holds
Library borrowers are responsible for returning or renewing library items by their due date. Students with items more than 10 days overdue will have a ‘Library hold’ placed on their Banner record.
A 'Library hold' will prevent a CIT student doing the following until all items are returned or the replacement cost is paid:
- borrowing any further library items
- graduating and accessing their academic transcript
Contact your CIT Library for more information.