Skilled Capital for Industry and Business
Skilled Capital Qualification and Skill Sets - August 2021 Release
The ACT Government's Skilled Capital training initiative is aimed at improving access to high quality training in areas of skills need and maximising improved employment outcomes for students. The initiative also provides a range of support services to ensure students accessing training receive the help they need to successfully complete their chosen qualification.
The initiative will give eligible students the opportunity to complete a nationally recognised qualification and receive a completion payment from the ACT Government upon successful completion of their Skilled Capital qualification.
The Skilled Capital Qualification and Skill Sets List for August 2021 has been released by Skills Canberra. Places are limited and subject to availability and eligibility.
Who is eligible for Skilled Capital Qualifications and Skill Sets - August 2021 release?
To be eligible for a Skilled Capital course, participants must, at the time of enrolment:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, or
- Be a person who holds a visa that is identified as being an eligible visa holder, and
- Be living or working in the ACT, and
- Be at least 15 years of age, and
- Not completed this qualification (or any previous version) in the past 7 years.
- Not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college except where the student:
- is undertaking a course of study leading to completion of year 12 in an alternative program, or
- has an Exemption Certificate and the selected Skilled Capital qualification is an approved Australian School-based Apprenticeship pathway.
How to register for a CIT Skilled Capital course?
- Check your eligibility - eligibility requirements are listed above. You can also check this on the ACT Government Skilled Capital website.
- Get a Unique Student Identifier (USI) - You need a USI before you can enrol. Don't have one? Visit usi.gov.au to apply securely online, at no cost.
- Choose your course - Find out more information about the Skilled Capital courses on offer by clicking the Qualification or Skill Set course links listed below.
- Register your interest - Click 'register your interest' for the course you are interested in that is listed below and fill in your details, then a CIT staff member will get in contact with you to regarding enrolment.
Skilled Capital Delivery Modes
A: Fully off-the-job by RTO (CIT)
B: Distance Learning and Remote e-learning by RTO (CIT)
C: Fully on-the-job (other than distance learning resources) by RTO (CIT)
D: Blend of training by RTO (CIT) including user of distance learning resource
E: Employer guided workplace learning
For more information, contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or email email@example.com.
Skilled Capital Qualifications - August 2021 release
Skilled Capital Infection Control Training Skill Sets
National Infection Control Training Fund
The National Infection Control Training Fund is a joint initiative by the Commonwealth and states/territories to support the accelerated uptake of infection control training in response to the COVID-19 health and economic crisis.
This initiative is funded by the ACT and Australian Governments and administered through the Project Agreement for the National Infection Control Training Fund, which commenced in May 2020 and will expire on 15 December 2021.
Fully funded training places are available for customer-facing workers, with funding prioritised for those working in the retail, tourism, transport and logistics, hospitality, cleaning, security service, aged and disability sectors. More COVID-19 Infection Control Training information is available on the ACT Government Skills Canberra website.
Places are limited and subject to availability and eligibility.
Who is eligible to access the Skilled Capital Infection Control Skill Sets fee-free training?
To be eligible for the Skilled Capital Infection Control Skill Sets fee-free training, participants must, for the duration of the enrolment, be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, or
- a person who holds a visa that is identified as being an eligible visa holder, and
- living or working in the ACT, and
- at least 15 years of age, and
- be employed in a customer-facing role, at the time of enrolment.
How to register for Skilled Capital Infection Control Skill Sets fee-free training at CIT
Refer to the Skilled Capital Infection Control Skills Sets listed below. Select 'register your interest' against the training you are interested in, and complete and submit the online form. A CIT staff member will then be in contact with you concerning your request and further training information.
Please note students undertaking Skilled Capital Infection Control Training Skill Sets are not eligible for Skills Recognition or a completion payment.
If you are a job seeker and wish to undertake this training to support you to gain employment, you will need to contact the relevant contact person from the list below to check whether additional training places are possible for job seekers.
Non customer-facing employees
Non customer-facing workers may access other infection control training options, which can be found on the ACT Government COVID-19 website - Infection control training and resources page.
|Skill Set Name||Delivery Mode||Tuition Fee||Register|
|Cross-Sector Infection Control Skill Set BSBSS00095||B||Fee Free*||Register your interest|
|Food Handling SITSS00050||B||Fee Free*||Register your interest|
|Infection control Skill Set (Food Handling) HLTSS00066||B||Fee Free*||Register your interest|
|Infection control Skill Set (Retail) HLTSS00065||B||Fee Free*||Register your interest|
|Infection control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) HLTSS00067||B||Fee Free*||Register your interest|
|Infection control Skill Set HLTSS00064||B||Fee Free*||Register your interest|