IT Training for Industry
NOTE: This information is for organisations interested in customised business training. If you are an individual interested in doing a course outside the workplace see our courses.
- Why choose CIT for your ICT training?
- Our clients
- Our staff
- Our facilities and resources
- Training delivery options
CIT's information communication technology (ICT) and library area offers relevant knowledge and current hands-on skills as part of competency-based courses. Training covers areas including networking, systems administration, computer forensics, general IT, library/information services, Cisco, Red Hat, website development, software development, database design and development, systems analysis and design, IT project management and multimedia.
- Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO);
- National Mental Health Worker's Association;
- Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations;
- ACT Government - Microsoft applications and short courses;
- LifeLine - ICT Skills Audit.
CIT teachers and trainers are qualified and bring a wealth of knowledge from both the public and private sectors. Teachers have extensive experience in undertaking projects and providing consultancy services across a range of management disciplines and contexts.
Our high quality courses are complemented by up-to-date training facilities and resources. If you choose to train on campus (alternatively we can bring the training right into your workplace) you'll have access to:
- Virtual Consultancy - a simulated office environment in which students design, develop, implement, test and hand-over real projects for real clients.
- Training Library - a purpose-built functioning library providing realistic training in library/information services: the first of its kind in Australia.
- Modern learning environment with access up-to-date hardware and software.
- Specialist networking/hardware laboratories - purpose-built dedicated network maintained by Centre staff allowing students to operate on a live network.
- Computer forensics laboratory - incorporating cutting-edge forensics tools.
- We also have flexible learning centres located in Gungahlin and Tuggeranong providing support for employees who wish to study at their own pace and in their own time.
The ability to customise learning and assessment programs is one of our greatest strengths. We have developed streamlined processes for skills recognition and have a strong commitment to flexible delivery, including workplace delivery.
Training delivery options include:
- on-site workplace training and assessment
- self-paced learning through CIT's flexible learning centres
- face-to-face day and evening workshops
- simulated work environments and projects
- skills recognition
- online and distance learning
CIT would love to talk more about how we can support your business with training. Please contact our CIT Student Services who will direct you to the appropriate area.