Welding Skills Program
Get the edge on your engineering and metal fabrication trade with a Welding Skills Program at CIT.
Designed to help you get a head start on your Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication Trade (MEM30305), you'll undergo workshop training at CIT's industry standard facilities, enabling you to develop fundamental skills and knowledge in welding and metal fabrication and fast-track your qualification.
What you need to know:
Duration: 4 hours per week for 18 weeks, OR 8 hours per week for 9 weeks
Cost: Approximately $539.00
Next course dates: 14 July or 21 July, pending course demand
What you'll learn:
- Use Hand Tools - MEM18001C prerequisite
- Use Power Tools/Hand Held Operations - MEM18002B prerequisite
- Perform Engineering Measurements - MEM12023A prerequisite
- Apply Safe Welding Practices - MEM05052A prerequisite
- Select Welding Processes - MEM05051A prerequisite
- Perform Manual Heating and Thermal Cutting - MEM05007C prerequisite
- Perform Routine Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process - MEM05049B
- Weld Using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process - MEM05019D
Upon successful completion of the prerequisite units for the Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication Trade (MEM30305), you will need to complete for just two further units of competency to successfully attain your qualification.
Click here to Register your Interest. Please indicate if you have multiple training candidates and someone from our friendly team will be in touch.