Culinary Short Courses
CIT is currently running the following workplace skills courses specifically for businesses:
Basic Food Hygiene
This program is designed to provide participants involved in food handling a practical approach to hygiene principles and practices.
Eligible students may be able to do our Basic Food Hygiene course for free through Skilled Capital. Please refer to our Skilled Capital page for more information.
Supervising Food Safety
This program will provide participants with supervisory skills to handle food safely and to employ workplace practices to comply with food safety issues and regulations.
- Log into CIT Self Service.
- Select Work Skills Training from the Drop Down menu
- Complete the application and then go on to enrol
Timetable Information - this course must be completed within 18 weeks from your enrolment date
- CIT Student Self Service Instructions – Admission into a Course (PDF 607KB)
- CIT Student Self Service Instructions - Enrolling in a Subject (PDF 677KB)
To enrol yourself into the following units online, you will need to enter the course reference numbers (CRN's) as follows:
Course Reference Numbers
|Nat ID||Course No||Title||Semester 1 2020 CRNs|
|SITXFSA002||OHSS456||Participate in safe food handling practices||43895|
|SITXFSA001||OHSS457||Use hygienic practices for food safety||43896|
After enrolling send in three (3) certified copies of acceptable ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: If you are enrolling in a fully online course you will need to provide this ID at the point of enrolment, either in person at CIT Student Services on any campus or by emailing scanned, verified copies to email@example.com.
How to pay your fees
- Pay through BPAY using the Biller code and reference number from the invoice.
- Pay online at Access Canberra.
- Pay in person at any CIT Student Services.
- Pay over the phone by calling CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188.
Terms and Conditions
Places will be allocated in order of payment.
All enrolments will be acknowledged by email. If you do not receive this advice at least three days prior to course commencement, please phone (02) 6207 3188.
- If CIT cancels a course in which you have enrolled and paid fees, a full refund of all fees will be provided. Please allow up to eight weeks for the refund to be processed.
- No refund will be granted after fees have been paid or you withdraw.
- Non-attendance at your enrolled course does not entitle you to a refund.
Complaints and feedback
CIT is committed to continuous improvement of its courses, subjects, teaching methods and administration. Please help us by letting us know what you like and don't like, and giving us suggestions for improvement.
An academic transcript (list of subjects and grade) of your result will be sent to you within two weeks of completion of your course. No transcript/award will be issued for non-payment of fees.