Management Postgrad Courses
Enrol into postgraduate study without a university degree!
Progress your career with a great selection of postgraduate qualifications in management and project management. If you are supervising staff and have management experience, you can obtain a postgraduate university qualification from Charles Sturt University (CSU), and you don't need a university degree to enrol!
Completion of these courses will launch your career by giving you:
- A formal postgraduate university qualification
- Practical skills you can apply immediately in your workplace, and
- Contemporary skills and knowledge in a range of essential management areas.
Successful completion of a Graduate Certificate in Management (Professional Practice) or Graduate Certificate in Project Management Practice can be achieved in two semesters and is your first step toward a Masters qualification from CSU.
Full time and part time study options available.
Applications are now open for Session 1, 2018
Upcoming information/enrolment sessions:
Location: Room B117, CIT Reid
- 5 December 2017, 4.30pm - 5.30pm
- 8 December 2017, 12.30pm - 1.30pm
- 24 January 2018, 4.30pm - 5.30pm
- 30 January 2018, 4.30pm - 5.30pm
- 2 February 2018, 12.30pm - 1.30pm
The Australian Graduate Management Consortium (AGMC) is offering a dedicated pathway for CIT graduates with supervisory / managerial experience and other professional attainments to undertake Masters level studies.
Students are not required to have completed a bachelor degree as AGMC programs are designed to progressively help build strong foundational knowledge, operational skills and strategic capabilities in management.
AGMC programs are delivered face-to-face at CIT Reid. Class times are tailored to suit busy professionals.
AGMC programs take an applied approach and students will be challenged to draw on their professional experiences and solve management problems within their own organisation.
AGMC Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma programs are stand-alone postgraduate degrees that provide an articulated pathway (with guaranteed entry and credits) to Masters level studies at Charles Sturt University.
Graduate Certificate in Project Management Practice
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management Practice is designed to provide you with essential communication and project management skills to successfully manage a substantial project. The program comprises four subjects covering financial management, human resource management, project management and risk management, which can be studied in one year, part-time.
Completion of the course provides entry as well as full credit into the AGMC Graduate Diploma of Management (Professional Practice) and CSU's Master of Management (Innovation and Entrepreneurship) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs.
Alternatively, it provides entry as well as full credits into CSU's Graduate Diploma of Project Management or Master of Project Management program.
COST OF STUDY
Relevant fees for students commencing in 2017 are shown below. Fees are subject to change each year. In some instances, a tax deduction may be claimed for education expenses. Please seek independent qualified taxation advice.
The 2017 course fee is $2,850* per subject, which includes the required textbook.
- Total course fees for the Graduate Certificate in Management (Professional Practice) = $11,400 (four subjects)
- Total course fees for the Graduate Diploma of Management (Professional Practice) = $11,400 (four subjects)
- Total course fees for the Graduate Certificate in Project Management Practice = $11,400 (four subjects).
Fee-paying students pay a tuition fee for each subject undertaken. The Australian Government does not contribute towards your study costs.
1. Defer payment using a FEE-HELP loan, which is repaid through the taxation system once the students income reaches a certain threshold
2. Pay tuition fees up-front each session.
*Fee for students commencing study in 2017.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO THE COURSE
Applicants are required to have one of the following:
1. An undergraduate degree for a recognised Australian institute or a qualification deemed to be equivalent, with at least two years relevant work experience; OR
2. A Diploma or Advanced Diploma from TAFE or other recognised Registered Training Organisation, with at least five years relevant work experience in a supervisory / management capacity; OR
3. More than five years’ experience in a senior supervisory / managerial position with significant responsibilities and good writing skills.
AGMC courses are only available to Australian residents or those holding permanent residency in Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
Please refer to the AGMC website for details of how to apply for AGMC courses.
Please refer to the AGMC website for details of any scholarships available.