This skill set is for workers with existing experience or qualifications in community services or health sector roles who are seeking to broaden their skills. This skill set is being offered as a 3-day development program that includes face-to-face delivery, workbook activities and access to online learning resources. There may be an additional half-day to assist with completion of assessments, which is optional.
Learning is self-paced via a blend of textbook activities and online learning resources.
SKILL SET ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who:
- are currently employed in the Community Sector and,
- hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in related field or,
- have skills in equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process; and,
- have access to a workplace supervisor and manage staff, or will have the opportunity to manage staff for the purpose of completing the assessment/s
DATES AND TIMES OF WORKSHOPS
|Please register your interest below for the next workshop
Participants will be given access to CIT's online learning platform 'eLearn', with access to supporting materials, research and skill practice, and assessment upload forms.
Room B114 or B115, B Block, CIT Bruce
35 Vowels Crescent, carparks 9 and 10 (free parking)
Participants will be required to complete a range of practical and reflective tasks, such as:
- Develop at least one plan for a team or group of individuals
- Facilitate at least two group meetings or discussions
- Identify at least one issue causing disruption to work team activities
- Facilitate at least one meeting or discussion with those involved
- Develop and implement strategies to resolve issue
- Review the performance of and coach at least one individual
- Provide supportive on-the-job coaching with constructive and supportive feedback
- Plan coaching content, review and adjust goals
- Undertake a structured process to reflect on and improve own practice and create one personal development plan that includes: goals, timeframes, and ways of measuring progress
Participants who successfully complete the requirements of the program will be issued with a Statement of Attainment - Team Leader CHCSS00091.
Cost: $100 under the ACT Government's Skilled Capital training initiative. Students may be eligible for a reimbursement of $100 at completion and sign off of the training contract (Skilled Capital training initiative.)
The Team Leader Skill Set can be designed specifically to meet the needs of your organisation, utilising internal policies, procedures and processes and can be delivered on site. Please contact Georgia Adamson at Georgia.Adamson@cit.edu.au for more information.
All fields marked * are required
Name of current workplace/organisation :
Number of staff interested in training :
(if more than one)
Do you have any questions about this training :