This skill set is for workers with existing experience or qualifications in community services or health sector roles who are seeking to broaden their skills. This skill set is being offered as a 12 week program with two components:
- Six days of face-to-face delivery hosted a CIT Bruce. Classes run on consecutive Fridays from 4 May to 8 June 2018.
- Self-paced learning via a blend of textbook activities and online learning resources.
Skill Set Entry Requirements:
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who are currently employed in the Community Sector and
- hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in a related field or
- have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process.
This program is best suited to those who have access to mentor and/or manage staff as this will be a requirement of the assessment/s.
Dates and Times for Classes
||UNIT OF COMPETENCY
|4 May and 11 May
||9am - 1pm
||PSPGEN036 - Provide workplace coaching
This unit describes the skills required to provide on the job coaching to colleagues. This unit reflects the situation in many workplaces where formal and informal on the job coaching is extremely common. It includes preparation for coaching, and provision of and follow-up of coaching.
|18 May and 25 May
||9am - 1pm
||CHCMGT003 - Lead the work team
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to undertake supervisory and coordinating activities in work groups in health and community service organisations. Workers at this level are team leaders or managers responsible for coordinating and monitoring the activities and performance of work teams and other service providers.
|1 June and 8 June
||9am - 1pm
||CHCPRP003 - Reflect and improve own professional practice
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to evaluate and enhance own practice through a process of reflection and ongoing professional development.
Participants will be given access to CIT’s online learning platform 'eLearn', with access to supporting materials, research and skill practice, and assessment upload forms.
Room B115, B Block, CIT Bruce
35 Vowels Crescent, carparks 9 and 10 (free parking)
Morning tea provided
Assessments are required to be completed by 30 September 2018.
Participants will be required to complete a range of practical and reflective tasks, such as:
- Develop at least one plan for a team or group of individuals
- Facilitate at least two group meetings or discussions
- Identify at least one issue causing disruption to work team activities
- Facilitate at least one meeting or discussion with those involved
- Develop and implement strategies to resolve issue
- Review the performance of and coach at least one individual
- Provide supportive on-the-job coaching with constructive and supportive feedback
- Plan coaching content, review and adjust goals
- Undertake a structured process to reflect on and improve own practice and create one personal development plan that includes: goals, timeframes, and ways of measuring progress
Participants that successfully complete the requirements of the program will be issued with a Statement of Attainment - Team Leader CHCSS00091.
All fields marked * are required
Name of current workplace/organisation (if applicable) :
Number of staff interested in training :
(if more than one)
Do you have any questions about this training :