Sally Greenway - Music
Award-winning Australian composer, arranger and pianist Sally Greenaway works in a multiplicity of styles and genres, from orchestral film and concert works to jazz, neo-Baroque and Latin-inflected big band, chamber and solo music, as well as vocal music.
Sally released her latest album Aubade & Nocturne (2014) to critical acclaim on the ABC Classics record label. She has more than 60 works published, many of which are available through the Australian Music Centre.
Her music has been performed by the Royal College of Music Symphony Orchestra, Australian Youth Orchestra, Canberra Symphony Orchestra, Jazzgroove Mothership Orchestra, jazz trio Trichotomy, multi ARIA award winning pianist Sally Whitwell, Finnish vocal sextet Rajaton, and many more.
In addition, Sally has composed the musical scores for a number of films, including feature film Locks of Love and numerous short films. She has been a teacher at the CIT Music Industry Centre for five years, teaching composition, arranging and harmony at all levels, music theory, improvisation, and technical and repertoire classes.
- Bachelor of Music - Jazz (Australian National University, Canberra)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Composition (Royal College of Music, London)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (University of Canberra, Canberra)
- Licentiate of the Royal Schools of Music (LRSM)
- Winner 2009 Canberra International Music Festival Young Composer Competition
- Winner 2008 APRA/JMO National Big Band Composition Competition
- Finalist 2012 SWOJO Big Band Composition Award